Tuesday, November 11, 2008

AlertPay Cheque of US$427 Arrived today

AlertPay Cheque arrived
I've had a few problems at AlertPay trying to do a Bank transfer to my Account, so I contacted them asking if they supported New Zealand Banks or if the error was related to the Bank Account I used.

In 2 short replies, neither answered those questions, rather it was a copy and paste of the information they had on thier Website. To put it bluntly, the information found on thier site wasn't helpful at all, that's what I was sending the contact in for. It was totally frustrating.

The downside is I lost around $US30+ from exchanging US Dollars to New Zealand and then back again. I'll remember that for next time.

Requesting and waiting for a Cheque
In the end I thought the best option for me was to request a cheque, the "paperwork" or the process was done quickly on the 24th October 2008, which was very pleasing, now was to wait for the cheque to arrive.

Did you know it takes 18 days for mail to be recieved from the US if you live in New Zealand? Well it's something I would find out, with much impatience and worry. I worried that I wouldn't be able to cash the cheque in if it arrived too late. Actually it probably took 15 days if they mailed it out 3 days later.

It's here !!!!!!
Today was a good day, I checked my mail and a nice AlertPay Cheque was waiting for me. $427 United States Dollars, it's actually the first real money I've recieved from my PTC Site because the money in my AlertPay and Paypal Accounts I consider virtual, or not existing until I have some foldy stuff in my hand :)

So for those whom can't get Bank Transfers to work, or are not willing to pay US$15 for a Bank Wire at AlertPay, then try requesting a cheque. Remember it has to be in US Dollars so make sure you have a Bank Account that will accept the currency.

0 comments: